Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Embroidery Mania

Ever since I got back from Denver I have been embroidering like a madwoman.  Actually it started while I was there on vacation.   My sister was appalled that I had arrived in town without a single project to work on.  She promptly pulled out a little embroidery kit from Sublime Stitching along with some scrap fabric to get me started.  From then on I was hooked.  Not that embroidery is exactly new to me, I just hadn't done it in awhile.  In the early 70's I embroidered hippie-style for both myself and my boyfriend/husband.  About 10 years later I got into counted cross-stitch as the country style of decorating took over and in the mid 90's I moved into the primitive stitchery mode.  But in recent years embroidery had pretty much been forgotten.  So, it's great to be back.


Sublime Stitchery bills itself as the hip alternative to traditional embroidery, ie. "This ain't your gramma's embroidery!"   OK, I get the point.  The author wants to attract a certain demographic.  However, as someone old enough to be a "gramma,   I still  find these simple to stitch designs a whole lotta fun.

 
    Fierce, but colorful, owl coasters

                                           Retro Mod Potholder

                                           Pink Felt Eyeglasses Case


Mid-Century Modern Martini Coasters            


                                          Retro Hula Girl Pillow

1 comment:

Marta said...

these are too cute! I need about 10 of the eyeglass cases for my assorted reading glasses/sunglasses!